Friday, March 12, 2021

At Home Ecosystem

     For over a year now I have been keeping a series of fish tanks or aquariums. My pride and joy is my 75 gallon tank that homes my 2 Green Sunfish, 1 Siamese Algae Eater, 1 Flying Fox, 4 American Flag fish and two crawfish. My favorite fish are my Green Sunfish.


They were tank bred by me. I was able to mimic the fish tank to mirror a natural habitat to the point in which their parents Ragnar (Male) and Becky (Female) were comfortable enough to breed. Since then Ragnar and Becky have passed away. But Bjorn and Blue are living and growing strong. The tank has 3 separate filters, LED light, and heater. This keeps the water parameters steady and healthy. I've decorated it with only natural items. Live plants helping with keeping the water clean, driftwood, rock and ground lava rock as the bottom. I find it relaxing to sit back and just watch the fish interact with one and other.

8 comments:

  1. 75 gallon tank with 10 fish, wow! That is definitely an ecosystem :-) Only natural items, cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would love to have this in my home. Fish and aquariums create such a peaceful environment. I am impressed at how nature oriented you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I tried having fishes a few times but its too much maintenance to keep up with the cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tank looks so pretty! Looks so zen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool! The tank looks beautiful, looks like you put so much work into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never have a fish cause I heard their shelf life is around 2-3 years, and I'm not ready for that kind of sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cool, I have seen some youtubers who dedicate their homes with huge cages or fish tanks, and they own pretty and exotic animals including fish or even snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember being a kid and wanting a pet shark... that dream has yet to die.

    ReplyDelete