Saturday, January 23, 2021

IS101 First Impression

    When first deciding what classes to pick for the semester, I saw IS101 and immediately thought perfect. With today's day and age technology dominates everything. Since it had been years since formal computer training this was a "no brainer" decision for me. 
    
    First receiving Albert Wu's first email on 1/18 (Martin Luther King Day), I began to assume this class is going to be in-depth. Further reading of the email, syllabus and first WebEx chat, my assumption appeared to be correct. Initially, I was partially demotivated but after speaking with Albert and completing B1, I had reassurance. Knowing that as long as I give the class all I have with a "HUN-DONE" mentality, Albert will help guide me to success in and outside of this class.

Overall, there was a slight rollercoaster ride with my morale; now I feel encouraged and inspired to do my best in this class. 
    

12 comments:

  1. Yes, the "Hun-and-done" mentality will carry you to success!

    Welcome to IS101-2003, Spring 2021 Ryan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will absolutely get to where you need to be! I share the same sentiment; it's not that I expected this class to be easy, but I also did not expect it to be so extensive. It just goes to show that there's so much more we could learn and improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice that you took the initiative to choose a class that would help you reestablish some footing with todays technological environment! I too experienced waves starting this class and wasn't too confident with my skills, but I'm going to put my best foot forward! I wish you the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog setup it looks very peaceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its interesting that you saw this class and thought "perfect." I myself was not looking forward to it because word, excel, etc. have never been my strong suit. However, I think Mr. Wu is a very hands on teacher and this semester should go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's your degree? I choose this class because it's require for the associate that I'm going after, but so far I've really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, after speaking with Professor Wu, he motivates me to do work because of how willing he is to guide us through every assignment and be successful in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say I sympathize with your rollercoaster ride of morale. This class has actually already been refreshing in its simple, yet very helpful tips on how to do technical tasks we take for granted from day to day. I think we will use the skills we learn in this class in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Hun-and-done" is the way to go!
    Good luck to you Ryan. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Technology dominates everything" I have yet to hear a more true statement, which is exactly why I am going into that field so I can be one of the dominators and not one of the dominated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm seeing a repeating them here. a lot of people in the class were somewhat apprehensive in their ability to take it. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea totally! With professor Wu's energy and kindness I felt like I wanted to put more work into this class than any of my others.

    ReplyDelete