Friday, February 19, 2021

My Pups

    I like dogs like many other people out there. I do not have an "literal" children, but I do have to beautiful furry girls. Shiloh (bigger) and Freyja (Smaller). My roommate and I adopted Shiloh back in November of 2019. We spent days checking out many of the animal rescues located in the Las Vegas valley. While on lunchbreak from school we drove to the Animal Foundation. We walked the kennels until we saw her. We had the attendant bring her out so we could meet her. She was approximately 1.5 years old, dirty, and appeared to have just had a litter of puppies. But as soon as she was off the leash, she immediately buried her sweet head into my legs and it was decided at that very moment. There was a huge adapting curve when we first got her. She was scared, chewed through 2 metal dog crates, and one bathroom door. Within time and luckily with our patience, her separation-anxiety slowly went away.

    Next my baby girl Freyja. My roommate and I noticed how much Shiloh loved to play with other dogs and decided to get another furry ball of chaos. Fast forward to July 2020, the Animal Foundation had just re-opened post-lockdown (Covid-19). They were taking appointments only, with only showing one dog per day. I search on the website until I saw a 13 week old puppy. At first I was reluctant, due to having to train and raise a puppy but ultimately decided to check her out in person. Upon arriving, the staff notified me that I would be stupid not to adopted this puppy. Sitting outside on a summer day, while the staff retrieved her. I saw her jumping up over the wall, and I immediately thought, "Dang-it I have to get her". I named her Freyja after the Norse goddess. (I'm a nerd for Norse Mythology)


    Today, Shiloh and Freyja are constantly playing and destroying the apartment. Moving the couches and messing up my bed sheets after making it. My roommate and I constantly take them on adventures, runs, and to parks. They climb mountains like Billy goats, and swim like otters. They truly bring so much love and happiness to my household and who ever they meet.

9 comments:

  1. Awe... Shiloh and Freyja are very cute :-) You and roommate chose well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dogs! I myself have 5 house dogs and they are my children even though I have children at home.I can't see myself without my dogs as over the years I have become so attached to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think dogs make a home. It's very quite without dogs and one of my favorite things is when my dogs run up to me when I get home. Your dogs are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story. I'm glad to hear that your dogs are living a great and happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look incredibly sweet! I commend your for rescuing them. I have been wanting a companion for a very long time, but I am never home and I would not want them to feel lonely. I know you're giving them all the love they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're dog is adorable. I used to have a dog, but my ex took her. We in good terms tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could take my dog to places like that, my dog is very afraid of swimming and refuses to jump in with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm truly a cat person, but your dogs are too cute! I love when I see pet owners giving their pets such a good life and taking them on adventures, it's the cutest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three dogs and they're a handful, you're dogs are really cute though.

    ReplyDelete