Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Wayne E Kirch Wildlife Management Area

  

   This past weekend I was lucky enough to travel 328 miles north to the Wayne E Kirch Wildlife Management Area. Approximately 14,815 acres of land consisting of gentle rolling hills, lakes, and bushes.

    The weather was drastically colder, getting down to 14 degrees at night compared to Las Vegas. It was hard to believe is was still "Nevada" with snow covering the ground and surrounding mountains. It was the last couple of days of waterfowl (duck) season. With no success of bagging any ducks, we were still blessed with the natural beauties that surrounded us. 

    The day consisted of "trying" to duck hunt in the morning, with fishing for trout following in the afternoon, and swimming in the "hot spring" located there. I say "hot spring" because it was more of a lukewarm spring. It was still a good time swimming in the crystal clear creek, while the warm sun melted the snow around. Overall it was a great experience as always, being in the Great Outdoors.

11 comments:

  1. What a day in the outdoors! In my comment to your last post, I asked if you have explored central or northern Nevada, I have my answer in this blog post :-) Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! Your posts keep reminding me that there's more to Nevada than just Las Vegas. The drives too and from Reno have only been in the dark. I hope to more of this type of scenery next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blog posts are so serene. I feel like you truly enjoy nature and it's nice to see. It's very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Where about in Nevada is this? Is this by Elko? I lived up north in a small Valley named Amargosa Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some stunning views! It's so crazy how a different part of the same region can differ so much in temperature. Swimming in a crystal clear creek with the snow melting all around, that would be the perfect little get away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking sights. Wish I would take some more trips to get into those environments. Thanks for inspiring that side of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a distance that you travelled. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience. Nature is beautiful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing sight. Wish I could be there too, but I don't like the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was younger, I would go and watch my dad and grandpa duck hunt. I wasn't old enough yet to get a license, and haven't gotten on yet, but I have always wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me wish that I got out more, I actually like outdoor activates but I always try to get my friends to go with me but we are all so busy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me wish that I got out more, I actually like outdoor activates but I always try to get my friends to go with me but we are all so busy these days.


    ReplyDelete